Lecture 9: Learning
How do we learn? How do the things we learn help us to survive and successfully interact with our environment? In this session, we will examine different types of learning, from classical conditioning to more complex models of learning, and how they fit into our everyday lives. Related concepts like learned helplessness and delayed gratification will also be examined.
- Pavlov and Learning Through Conditioning
- Operant Conditioning, Thorndike’s cat, and Little Albert
- Reinforcement and Learned Helplessness
- Limits of Conditioning
- Reward Value and Delayed Gratification
- Is Language Learning a Conditioned Skill?