Lecture 8: Consciousness
What can happen if the connection between the brain and the visual system is disrupted or damaged? What can cause patients to act as if part of their world not only doesn’t exist, but couldn’t exist? In this lecture, we will discuss blindsight and neglect and see how studies on these patients have provided insights on how our brains receive and interpret information about the world.
- Causes and Description of Blindsight
- Perception in Blindsight Patients
- Attention and Neglect; Measures of Neglect
- Causes and Extent of Neglect
- Attention and Extinction to Certain Stimulation
- What Information From the Neglected Field can be Processed?