Lecture 7: Attention
Do you ever get distracted when you are supposed to be focused? Why do we pay attention to something? How are we able to pay attention to certain things while ignoring others? Attention is present in almost all domains of human thought and feeling. During this session, we will focus on visual attention and explore how certain things can captivate our attention.
- What Do We Mean by “Attention”?
- Demonstrations of the Limits of Attention
- Hypnosis and the Stroop Effect
- Visual Search and Attentional Blink
- Object Tracking and Improving Attention
- Subliminal Perception