Chrysalis Associates are an independent multi-disciplinary therapeutic team who specialise in the assessment and treatment of developmental trauma and attachment difficulties in children. We are currently looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Psychologist to join our team.
This role involves working alongside our team of clinical psychologists and trauma and attachment therapists to provide detailed assessments of children’s complex needs, alongside monitoring the progress they have made in therapy. It also involves facilitating our children’s group, which is based on principles of attachment, mindfulness and sensory integration. There are many additional opportunities for service-evaluation and research within the team. The post includes supervision from a clinical psychologist.
Location: Sheffield, with occasional travel to Dunnington (York) and Halifax
We are looking for candidates with:
- A First Class or high 2:1 degree recognised by the BPS,
- Experience of working with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties, in particular children living in foster or adoptive families or in residential care,
- A good understanding of Attachment Theory,
- Experience administering and analysing psychometric measures,
- Excellent report-writing skills,
- Good organisation skills, flexibility and autonomy.
- Current driving licence and access to own car
To apply for the position, please send your CV (2 sides maximum and accounting for all time periods since your degree) and a covering letter to Dr Helen Freake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 7th November